Top 5 Portable Heat Pumps
Portable heat pumps are a great way to provide on demand heating and cooling without breaking the bank. The units are relatively cheap to start with and don’t require a lot of money to operate. A portable heat pump is a heating and/or air conditioning unit that can be plugged directly into a wall electricity outlet in order to provide heating or cooling for a one room radius. These units are often stand alone units or window mounted units. You can expect to spend anywhere from roughly $300-$1000 on a portable heating and cooling unit. Here are five units making waves in the portable heat pump world.
1. The Soleus Air 160875 portable heat pump and air conditioner is a popular choice among consumers as it has a low retail cost (under$300) and provide both a heating and a cooling option. In addition, the unit uses evaporative technology. This means more water pulled from the air will be evaporated and you’ll have to empty the reserve tank less often.
2. Stick with Soleus but upgrade to the PH112R03 model for more features and a larger space capacity. This unit bills itself as multi-seasonal and does provide a lot of punch for the $500 price tag. It nearly triples the standard BTU rating with a womping 12,000 BTU of power. The unit provides both heating and cooling and costs roughly the same amount to operate as much smaller units.
3. Comparable to the PH112R03 is the American Comfort ACW500CW. Ringing up at $100 cheaper than the Soleus, you also get an extra 1,000 BTUs for the $400 price tag. The American Comfort unit is tall and slim making it the ideal choice for tight rooms. As a fun aside, this unit comes in a variety of colors to help it fit your personality and decor. The unit brags a AutoDrain option that removes excess fluid build up meaning you have to do it less often. This unit has a remote control rounding out it’s list of user friendly components.
4. Sunpentown WA-9061H provides a slim 9,000 BTU’s which make it more energy efficient for smaller rooms. Simply stated, why pay for more than you need? Attractively priced in the $250 range, this heating and cooling machine also offers a dehumidifier element. Customers rave about this slim space saver for it’s ability to produce fresh smelling air that is comfortably heated or cooled with minimal effort.
5. Finally, check out the New Air AC-12000H. This unit provides heat and cooling as well. This unit is popular for it’s ability to heat or cool larger rooms (up to 425 square feet) while pulling the same amount of energy as smaller units. The unit is a bit more bulky and less visually appealing than others on the market, but customers love the powerful blower and attention to important details in design.
When purchasing your portable heat pump, make sure you check for a warranty that will cover any needed repairs within the first year to safeguard your purchase. Also check out Portable Heat Pump Reviews.